Blog / August 2013
Posted on 12 August 2013 at 10:49 pm (CET)
Continued again with the battery boxes. Yesterday I still glued the other small pieces, today the square plates. Now I just need tidy it up a bit and then the outside of the battery boxes will be all done. It's really starting to look like the drawing I made.
Today I was also finally able to bring the adaptor with front sprocket and both the rear sprockets to a metalworking company. These will hopefully be done quickly now.
Posted on 11 August 2013 at 06:01 pm (CET)
I've been a little stupid. Today I thought, lets check again how the controller's enclosure fits before I actually have the mounts made. Well, I found out that I have a problem, the chain might not have enough clearance with the controller in this position. It's been a while again since I had the chain on so I didn't really think about this. I only checked if there would be enough clearance with the brake caliper and suspension.
Hard to see without the sprockets and chain but I measured it. The way it is now it'll definately fit but when the suspension compresses it might not. Wouldn't be so great if the chain would hit the controller then. But it's still too hard to tell so for now I'll wait with these mounts for the controller. First need to have the adaptors made and place the sprockets and chain on there. Only then I can really see how much space there is.
Posted on 10 August 2013 at 08:09 pm (CET)
Today I started glueing the small pieces on the battery boxes. Was planning to make these all even and straight first but I couldn't really do it with the tools I have here right now. So I'll do this later once they're all attached.
Tomorrow I'll do the same with the other holes, then I'll have to even out the top and add the square plates on there. Not really much work but I have to wait pretty long till the glue hardens.
Posted on 3 August 2013 at 07:15 pm (CET)
Next step for the battery boxes.
I sawed all the small pieces. Only a bit less straight than I was hoping for but I'm happy I was able to do it all on the table saw. Would've taken much longer otherwise. Just need to file them all a bit now.
These small pieces are for the cable glands which pass the orange cables through the boxes.
First I'll have to make them all even and straight, after that glue them on the battery boxes and maybe weld as well.