Blog / Quad bike on 4 wheels again
Today was a very productive day. The quad bike is nicely standing on 4 wheels again. This morning I started with attaching the motor to the rear swingarm. I just needed a rubber hammer to get it on there because of the thick layer of paint on the blocks and plate but at least it's firmly on there now.
I also placed the new protective cover on it. Definately looks much better than the original.
Then I wanted to place the rear swingarm onto the frame. Wasn't really easy since it weighs about 15 kg in total with the motor on it. With the POM bushings in it it's also just a bit wider so I had to push the mounting points on the frame outward a bit. After that I was able to get it in pretty good with some help of the rubber hammer again and a few extra hands.
Shock with shock cover attached and the bearing house in the rear swingarm.
Then I placed the rear axle and added the rear sprocket and brake disc to it. Also placed the chain and tensioned it already.
And then I could place the wheel hubs and the wheels themselves. Finally the quad bike is standing on all 4 of its wheels again.
Also still placed the whole rear brake system.
And then I thought it was enough for today. Tomorrow afternoon and evening I'll continue again. What I did already notice is that the quad bike rolls much easier now than before. Think this has something to do with the new bearings. Always had to push it a lot harder when the old bearings were still in it. Or perhaps the brake pedal for the rear just wasn't properly adjusted, this is also quite better now I think.
Just another picture of how the quad bike looks like right now. Really starting to look like something again.