Blog / Everything in top case connected and covered
First off I'd like to wish all readers a happy new year. Hopefully 2015 will be a very good year for all of you.
The first update this year and it already starts good. I was able to completely finish the top case this weekend.
The protective covers were all sprayed black. I did this myself and it actually still turned out pretty nice.
I still want to be able to detach the plates so I bought some connectors again for all of the wires. The top case itself is already waterproof so I don't need waterproof connectors for this. First I put all of the contacts on the wires.
With the connectors on.
Since I made a complete new wire harness I wanted to add some extra safety. I bought a few fuse boxes which all seperate circuits are fused with. Was a lot of work to connect this all but it'll be very nice when it's in use.
The wires between the DC-DC converter, 12V battery and wire harness were also very fun to make exactly to size. The + wire of the DC-DC converter also has a seperate fuse.
Attached everything to the protective cover. Now you know what all the holes I made in it are actually for.
Was quite some work to get everything connected before I could attach the plate but finally it looks very nice now.
DC-DC converter attached and connected.
And another protective cover on there.
The 12V battery I won't connect for now. I did this for a short moment but then I saw that the DC-DC converter actually draws a little power. So I can only connect it once I have the whole battery pack connected so the DC-DC converter can keep the 12V battery charged. That's what I'll be busy with the coming days. Will be a bit more exciting since I won't be working with 12V anymore but 72V.