Today was a very exciting day again. All parts of the frame were sprayed in the beautiful color Bianco Canopus. I've seen this color on pictures with Lamborghini's often but never on a frame so I really had no idea what it'd look like. But I'm really happy that I chose this color. It looks really great, especially when there's some light shining on it. And my sister has done a really good job again, don't think anyone could get it any better looking than this.
As usual here's a picture again before the spraying. The layer of epoxy is a bit sanded here so it already looks like matte white.
And after the spraying. Much light in the spray booths so it already looked very nice.
Wrapped everything again to get it home without any damage. It all barely fits in my car.
At home I unwrapped everything again and right away I placed a fender on it to see the combination of the 2 colors. I think it looks really awesome. I made these pictures with flash so you can see a little how this color looks like with some light shining on it. But outside with sunlight, and also with you own eyes, it looks even better.
Tonight I already started building it up. First I placed the new SKF bearings and glued the magnet for the speed sensor.
Then I attached the lower front swingarms with the POM bushings in it and the shocks to the frame. Pretty fun knowing that this is finally the last time attaching everything.
Also placed the shock covers already. Looks a bit odd still but I kinda have to see it when everything is attached.
The plan was to spend the whole day tomorrow to continue building it up but unfortunately I have a problem with my car that has to be fixed before Monday so I think I'll be working on that the whole day tomorrow. So the quad bike will still have to wait a bit.
In about 2 weeks the last parts will also be sprayed. These are all of the routed aluminium parts. So I'll have to be patient with those again but if they turn out the same way then it's definately worth the wait.
Posted on 7 September 2014 at 11:39 pm (CET)
This weekend all of the black parts were sprayed. I think it took more time to hang and stick everything than the actual spraying but it's very nicely done again. First a picture before the spraying again.
And here everything with 2 matte black spraycoats.
Close-up of the biggest battery box, can see very good how nice they've all become.
To be sure we let the battery boxes dry with normal temperature for a day. They should be able to handle a bit of heat but I've already had so many problems with them that we just didn't want to take any risk of something coming loose again. Tonight I went there again to take everything home. First we wrapped everything so nothing would be damaged during the ride home and at home I could unwrap everything again.
All parts of the frame will be next, in that nice matte white color. But these will only be done in 2 weeks so have to be patient again. Meanwhile I can continue a bit with some of the black parts though. Just have to be very careful with them now.
Posted on 2 September 2014 at 11:00 pm (CET)
Posted on 2 September 2014 at 11:00 pm (CET)
The enclosure that will come on the controller has been sprayed in black epoxy as well yesterday evening. This will probably only stay on it temporarily till after the road inspection of the RDW. A different better looking enclosure will come on it then. But for now I wanted it to look good since there were quite a few scratches and fingerprints on this one. This will also become matte black.
All plastic parts were also sprayed with primer, so no epoxy for these. First a picture before spraying.
And after spraying.
I have yet to actually see it myself but on these pictures that my sister sent they're looking very nice already. This Saturday all parts that will become black will probably get their spraycoats. So it'll be very exciting again.
Today 2 layers of epoxy were sprayed on all of the sandblasted parts. Black epoxy for all the parts that will be matte black and white epoxy for all the parts that will be matte white. I was able to help with sanding some of the parts and mixing the white epoxy. But the spraying was ofcourse done by my sister. It really looks very nice already, would already love to take it all home.
I'm really curious now how it'll look like when the actual spraycoats are on there but I have to be patient for that. Next Saturday all of the black parts will probably be done though. The white parts will come after that and are also some more work.
Tonight I went to the sandblaster. All parts of the frame are done and all look the same now. I already left them all at the company where my sister works so she can start spraying it all. We put all parts together there, already looks pretty nice. First a layer of epoxy will come on it all, then all the spray coats.
The spraying will probably take a few weeks since everything will have to be done inbetween work or outside of working hours and it's quite a lot of work. But at least I know for sure that the result will be very nice. The coming weeks I do still have some things to do, first I can finally start cleaning the whole workspace and prepare everything for when the sprayed parts will come back.