Blog / October 2014
Tonight I finished the first box with high voltage parts. Had quite some work with this one since the standard mounting points weren't really useful and the box is also too low to make a plate for the bottom. Was also quite tricky to decide where to place everything, still is far from ideal but I can't really think of any better way.
In this are the main contactor (splits the battery pack in two to safely work on it and for emergencies), sensor plate for EV Display (gauge) and the main fuse. The orange cables I still have to connect, will do this once all of the boxes are done and placed in the frame. I did however connect the 12V part already, wasn't really much work for this box.
I also started with the last box already, this one's easier and will probably be finished tomorrow already. Meanwhile 15 of the 24 batteries are also charged already. So this weekend I hope to have them all charged. Then I can finally start placing them in the boxes and in the frame.
Today I finished the second box. It's also completely stuffed now with only relays.
First I made a plate again to which I could attach all of the circuit boards. And with all of those spacers inbetween the circuit boards are stacked together as close as possible.
All wires connected again like in the diagram that I made a while ago. There are quite a few.
It all barely fits in the box. With this one I'll also add a cable gland so all of these wires can go outside. And I'll spray it black myself tomorrow. Wasn't really planning on using this one, that's why it wasn't sprayed together with rest of the boxes.
Meanwhile I'm also busy charging all of the batteries one by one to the same level. Takes about 1,5 hour for each battery so it'll still take me a while.
Now I still have to finish 2 more of these kind of boxes, only after that I'll start with the battery boxes.